From my stats, I've noticed that my reader-ship would always go up whenever I am on a rant/pet peeve rampage. So to make the masses happy, I will sell out for now and complain some more (because you guys apparently love to read about me complaining). On a related note, my topic for today would be about "sell-outs" and I will be using Robert Pattinson as an example.
Urban Dictionary defines a sell-out as: Anyone who sacrifices artistic integrity in an effort to become more successful or popular; someone who forgets their roots.
I can understand why they would get all the hate and shit from the people, but I can also understand why they do it. It's all for the money and the fame of course. Come on, if you were put in a position where someone is offering a hefty sum of cash to do something that will somehow stray from your artistic integrity, doing it will have crossed your mind. I'm not implying that selling out is the best way to go, I'm just saying that sometimes doing it for the money isn't exactly the worst reason in the world. Money is important, people. What can money do for you? It could feed you, pay your rent, and it can even save your life with insurance power. If you have a lot of money, no doubt you will have an easy time going about with business in this world. Maybe it's just the inner Taurus in me talking, but I can understand why people sell-out. If the opportunity comes to me, I really hope I won't do it to save my own artistic integrity. But depending on the sum and what I have to do, I may think about it. Don't hate the sell-outs, they did it for their own reasons (selfish but, everyone is selfish anyway).
A sell-out who I particularly feel sorry for is Robert Pattinson, aka the sparkly vampire from the Twilight movies. The movies are just plain bad and don't have anything more to say about it. But for some reason, it's still one of the most popular shit out there. Robert Pattinson must be making a lot of dough from just standing in the woods. Let me tell you this: that guy hates the series. He even said it himself in an interview that if he hadn't read the book, he would "mindlessly hate it". So why is he in it still? Well, he's stuck in a contract, and he's getting paid a lot of money for it. And as I said before, I cannot blame him for that. I just find it sad that some people would actually boycott his other non-Twilight movies just because of his connection to it. I think that's a very childish and judgmental move. Don't hate the player, hate the game.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thoughts?
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.