All my life, I've been told that in
order to find true happiness, I would have to
meet someone nice, marry him, and become the perfect wife. Sounds
simple enough, but has it ever occurred to anyone how pathetic that sounds?
Sure I get that I would much prefer not to be alone for the rest of
my life, but is it really nesessary for me to find someone in order to
become completely happy?
Now, I am not a pessimist, or a super
realist, or anything like that. I am actually a hopeless romantic
fool who still gets goosebumps every time she watches a Disney
princess film. That whole riding off into the sunset with “the one”
has been a dream of mine (and a lot of other girls) for the longest
time. So no one can tell me that I am just one of the those bitchy
feminist girls who hate it when men open the door for them. Nor am I
dissing any kind of relationship I've had because I, up to this
point, have never regretted a decision I've made when it came to men.
Though some of which are heart breaking, they still made me who I am
today. This is all from a completely well thought-out and
unbiased perspective.
What I am trying to say is that it is
simply very annoying whenever a relative comes up to me and asks me
about my love life. Like the only correct answer I should tell them
is one that leads to a happy, committed, and family-driven life with my potential husband. You tell them you're just seeing someone casually, and they
tell you to be a lady and make sure you won't let a man like him go.
If you tell them you're single, they look at you with such pity like
the world has delt you with the worse punishment anyone can ever
receive: being alone.
And what is so damn wrong with being
alone I might ask? This is why there are so many girls out there who
dieting like crazy, trying to get the “perfect” body that will
catch the “perfect” mate. Ladies, if you are alone, know that it
is okay. You do not need a freaking relationship to be happy. Go out,
have fun! So what if your best friend is being annoyingly mushy with
her hot new boyfriend? Be happy for her. Don't hate her because she
found someone. People get what they get on their own time, believe
me.
Looking for Mr. Right? Don't wait for
him, he's just a boy. Be yourself, and the right person can come
eventually. And this is coming from someone whose heart has been run
over a truckload of times. You could meet someone, and you will
realize why it never worked out with all the other bastards.
In the meantime,try doing something you
love, or better yet, try something new and fall in love with it.
That's the best advantage you've got at being single: time. Remember
that though romance is a wonderful thing, it is nothing close to what
you essentially need to be happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thoughts?
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.