![]() |
| source |
1. There are No Plot Holes. I'm not kidding. I actually did research on this. For a show that has been running since 1963, the writers really did provide a realistic (I guess in the context of the show) explanation for everything. Like how everyone speaks English, the TARDIS (The Doctor's spaceship) comes with a translator that translates every language to what the beings within a certain radius can understand.
2. Strong Female Characters. I love it when female characters are as strong and independent as they are pretty and feminine. The ladies from this show don't need a hero to save them, they save themselves! And even The Doctor, on many occasions. Except maybe for Rose Tyler, who is my least favorite companion, but she was still pretty fierce. Stand-out female leads for me were Martha Jones, Donna Noble, Amy Pond, and Sarah Jane Smith.
3. The Humor. Maybe I'm just a fan of British humor, but the writing in this series is actually quite witty and humorous. The writers can turn any serious and scary situation upside down with just a little bit of funny dialogue. Take this one from Series 7, Episode2, where companions Amy, Riddell, and Nefertiti (yes, the Egyptian Queen), try to find their way back to The Doctor in the midst of man-eating dinosaurs on a spaceship. Nefertiti gets curious as to if The Doctor has a girlfriend or not.
Nefertiti: You and the Doctor, are you his queen?
Amy: No no. I'm Rory's queen. Wife. Wife. I'm his wife. Please don't him I said I was his queen. I'll never hear the end of it.
Nefertiti: And the Doctor, does he have a queen?
Amy: I thought you had a husband.
Nefertiti: A male equivalent of a sleeping potion.
Riddell: You clearly need a man of action and excitement. One with a very large weapon.
Amy: So human sleeping potion or walking innuendo. Take your pick.
4. Anything Can Happen. The story is not just set on a certain era, date, or location. The writers can literally write about anywhere, anytime, or any planet! That's what makes this series so awesome, the story takes you to places you've never been to before. You are opening yourself to a whole new world of anything!
5. The Doctor. He is just amazing. He is 900 years old but still has the energy and looks of a 20 something year-old British man. He's a Sagittarius who will take you on an adventure. He's funny, charming, stubborn, and quick-witted, what more can you ask from a main character? His spaceship is a 1960s British police booth that is really bigger on the inside. How does that work? Watch the show and find out :)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thoughts?
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.