Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A Lesson in Settling

I no longer find the need to settle for something that won't make me happy in the long run. It's about time I realized that. For the past month, I realized that the happiest I've been and the most fun I've had was spent either alone or just with my closest friends. I don't want anyone distracting me or making me feel guilty or fat, because of things I should or should not do. Forgive me for sounding vague but if we meet up some time I'll tell you happened XD

It really gave me a whole new perspective on things that can or cannot make me happy. I thought not being alone would make me feel safe, but what happened was that I felt even more alone. I can't settle for just txting, or skyping, I needed something more real and stable. I can't be the one someone goes to when they have nothing else to do. Words mean nothing until you've actually done something. I can't have something that is always absent. I can't feed someone's ego forever. I'm getting really tired of excuses because I know I deserve something better. If feelings didn't need to be invested, I'd be all in for this kind of thing, but it's too late. It was implied from the very beginning so oh well. I really wish this was just my hormones acting up, but it's okay, no regrets. 

I'm pretty happy right now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.