Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Art Of Fangirl-ing

This week, three Hollywood celebrities arrived in Manila: Joe Jonas, Ian Somerhalder, and Leighton Meester. I was able to catch both Joe and Leighton, but not Ian (to my disappointment, I was so damn lazy). Whenever a favorite celebrity of mine would come here to Manila, I would do everything within my power to meet them. But sadly, I guess it might just be my age, but I have lost the energy to even try. So here are so tips for anyone who wants to go out and stalk celebrities from abroad.


Mario Maurer, Leighton Meester at Philippine Fashion Week

1. There is always room for shamelessness. 
If you have the fucking chance, just go for it. Don't be hiya. Just because you aren't in the V.I.P. section, does not mean you don't deserve a chance for the meet and greet. Find a way to get in there without getting caught. It's the biggest thrill you can ever feel in your mundane life, so just do it. This was my one regret after the Joe Jonas press-con. I was two minutes too late from a freaking photo-op! All because I didn't just enter the V.I.P. section right away (which was so open to everyone btw. Stupid Ina.)

2. Always bring a nice camera.

Case and point: 

That little guy on the stage is Joe Jonas. I took this using freaking instagram. My iPhone has fail zooming powers. 


Just a while ago, I went to the Penshoppe fashion show starring Leighton Meester. See the difference if you use a better camera? Totally worth the extra weight. 

3. Try not to be lazy, and be there early.
The reason why I missed out on meeting Damon Salvatore himself is because I wanted to sleep in on Saturday. I had the money for a press passes but I couldn't bring myself to wake up at 7am. If you really want to meet a celebrity, you can't afford to sleep in. For the Cobra Starship show I was at the venue at 6:30 am. It was all so damn worth it. 

4. Be nice.
If you do get to meet them, make sure to give them a compliment. That will make them remember you more. When I met Kyle Patrick of The Click Five, I told him that he was handsome. He smiled, kissed my cheek, and hugged me. Memories <3 

So there. Tips on how to be an insane fan-girl like me. I am afraid that I am too old for this shiz, but whatever. It's still a lot of fun. 

Oh, and more pics from the fashion show!! 







Mario Maurer was there pala!! I don't know any of his stuff that much, but he sure is adorable-looking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.