Monday, September 24, 2012

AWKWARD. Season 2 Finale


Okay, so I have been a fan of MTV's Awkward since last year. Instead of partying the night away, I remember spending my Saturday evening watching the whole damn season one at a hotel suite in Makati. Why is this show so appealing to everyone in the first place? It's kind of relatable. You have a very normal teenage girl who is totally confused and madly in love with a very handsome guy. I'm pretty sure a lot of girls have been through that. And instead of having her thoughts played out like a broken record (ahem Bella from Twilight), it's written in a very charming way. The humor and quirky characters are also big factors on why the show is so freaking awesome. 

I have so many feelings about the much anticipated Season 2 Finale. If you have not seen it yet and don't want to run into any spoilers, then just stop reading.

1. I am so glad she decided to pick Matty. Before you go say "Douche", think about it. The only crime Matty was guilty of was being a too dense and slow. He should have realized that he wanted something with Jenna. He should have not played his timing so badly. And he should have acted quicker during the Winter Formal. Yes, Jake is a great guy, he treated her right. But let's face it, Jenna was in love with Matty and not Jake. And when you're in love, not a lot of things could change your mind -- or rather, heart. 

2. Jake and Tamara. YES. I approve. Tamara's character has really developed since the first season. At first I thought she was an annoying girl who just wanted attention. Turns out she just wanted to be loved and actually stood up for herself in this season. It's really nice to see her and Jake together, it's like watching two stray kittens find a home. 

3. Clark is her mystery fan. He's actually a pretty cool character. I hope he gets bigger storylines and more screen time in the next season.

4. The new love triangle: Jenna - Matty - Jenna's Life. Whenever you are in a committed relationship, you always wonder if you are missing out on anything exciting. In this case, it's a 6-week trip to Europe. While I understand that Jenna wants to spend every waking moment of her summer with Matty, she also has to understand that 6 weeks is NOTHING. Maybe it's just because she's still young, but she shouldn't miss out on something like that. But I do feel for her too because relationships can put a hold on your life sometimes (something I can totally relate with). But yeah, she should relax and just live in the moment. She got what she wanted. It was really nice of her though to give her seat to Tamara (I have a feeling she's gonna take it back).

5. That episode was a little bit anti-climactic. There was so much build-up from episode 1, and her choice was made during the beginning of the show. I expected more, but I'm not totally disappointed with the result. I love this show and I can't wait for next year with the complete 22 episodes!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.