Saturday, October 27, 2012

Rant

Okay, so before you keep reading I'm gonna warn you about how bitchy and judgmental I am going to sound. But so you know, these are just my opinions so yeah. I can be wrong too.

I really hate people who think they're so "awesome" and "cool" just because they have internet access to 9gag and 4chan. Yes, I'm talking about people whose definition of a social gathering is intense spamming on message boards. They hate almost everything that tweens like, such as Justin Bieber, Twilight, etc. They think that Chuck Norris is the shit (they are wrong Bruce Lee is more hardcore), and they always associate Sarah Jessica Parker to a horse (like most of them are good-looking anyway).

No, I don't find these people annoying because of the things they like or don't like, but rather how assholes they can become online. The internet does not give you the power or the excuse to become a bully. I don't mean to judge or generalize (but let's face it, they do the same thing too), but I'm guess they were probably the kids who get unnoticed at school. They hated the popular kids because of how assholic they can be, and yet whenever you get behind a computer, they themselves become the bully.

I saw on the internet news today about a 4chan prank where a bunch of users were able to trick Justin Bieber fans into thinking that he had cancer. These fans shaved their hair off in support. Yes, I get how it's funny, but don't you people see how sad this is? The pranksters are assholes for doing this. Bullying never has an excuse, you don't know what messed up thing you can do to a kid's head. Sure, you may think they deserve it for being so in love with Justin Bieber (who I don't think deserves all these attention in the first place), but you are better than that. 

For me, you can be a fan of whatever the hell you want. Taste is relative.It just so happens  some people have better likes than others, but hey, we all like/d something we're embarrassed about. Like what you want to like, just be polite. Please. And nice. And not an asshole. That is all. There are rude Justin Bieber fans out there, and there are also rude Justin Bieber haters out there. 

Rant over. My head hurts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.